lunes, 1 de marzo de 2010

Los Caracoles


Los Caracoles means snails in Spanish. This is the name of the restaurant I ate at that had great paella. It is located on Calle Escudellers. They have a great variety of seafood as well as paella. I have been there twice and each time I was there I got the seafood paella. The restaurant is very large, with many different rooms and it scares me to see the meats hanging from the ceilings. My favorite part about this place is the men who sing and play guitar, 3 men specifically dressed in Spanish clothing. They go from table to table singing songs and they make for a great deal of entertainment. When you enter the restaurant through the main entrance, you walk past the cooks who are making all of the food which is fun to see all the paella being made. The price of the meal is not very costly, it varies between 20 and 30 euros. The only thing that upsets me about the seafood paella that I continue to order is the prawns. In the United States I am used to just having plain shrimp, and I do not usually have to remove the outer shell. However, at Caracoles, the seafood paella comes with large prawns and I must remove the shell and it disgusts me to have to see the head of the prawn with eyes. Also, I am not very good at removing the shell and many times I feel like my hands are being cut. Another fun part of the restaurant is the bread you are served that is in the shape of snails, like the name of the restaurant. I also must add that I love the mussels there, and I feel their seafood is extremely fresh. It is a fun place to dine with friends, and when it was my friend's birthday, the three men who go around singing, came and sang happy birthday to her which was nice.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario