lunes, 1 de marzo de 2010

Opium Nightclub




The nightlife in Barcelona is much more crazy than I could have ever imagined. It is almost as if the people here are nocturnal. It seems that things do not really begin until 2am, and people stay out until about 6am. Many times I cannot keep up with the lack of sleep. Some of my favorite clubs to go to are the ones by Port Olimpic, by the Marina. These clubs are Shoko, Opium and Catwalk. I enjoy these clubs because there is the option of enjoying myself outside near the beach as well. I do enjoy going out as a break from the week when I am going to class each day. I also like to get dressed up nicely to go out and get to wear heels! The clubs in this area are very nice inside, and decorated very beautifully for nightclubs. I often do not like the stares and calls from the locals in these clubs, and it bothers me how forward they are to try and reach out and touch you, and try to get your attention. Many times it makes me feel uncomfortable. I also always keep an eye on my belongings to be sure my phone and wallet do not get stolen. Many Thursdays I find myself at Opium nightclub as that is when many of my American friends go there, and I enjoy going out with them. The drinks are extremely costly, however the club is enormous. I really enjoy when there is an electric violin player there, who plays along with the upbeat music. I find it funny to see the women who are dressed provocatively standing and dancing on the stage, as that is a job that I would never find myself doing. One of my favorite aspects of this club, is that when someone purchases a whole bottle of alcohol at this club, they serve it to you with a plate of fruit. I just like the size of this club, so it never gets too crowded and you don't feel that you are trapped, or being constantly stepped on. There are also so many areas where you can go to hang out that you can surround yourself with many different groups of people. One picture is of the men who are dressed outside in different costumes on stilts. I think they are so funny and I had one lift me up.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario