domingo, 25 de abril de 2010

El Chipiron Restaurant



Earlier this semester I ate at El Chipiron restaurant by the Marina. It is a Spanish restaurant with tapas and paella. I really enjoyed it because of the view that overlooks the water. The place itself is not extremely impressive or fancy, but it is the view that is breathtaking and makes the experience much more enjoyable. I think it is actually better that the inside is not too fancy to take away from the outdoor experience. I ate here when my family was visiting and we all shared a seafood paella. It was very delicious but I still think that I like Caracoles paella much better. The same thing occurred where the shrimps were not de-shelled and I was having trouble eating the shrimp. The sangria was very delicious here as well and I really enjoy having sangria when I am eating fish for some reason. Maybe the fruit flavor complements the seafood well in my mind for my palette. I wish I went back during the daytime to eat here on a clear day because I would have been able to look out on the water more easily because at night it is dark but you can still see the lights from the ships. As well as being able to see the ships, you can see the city skyline and the mountains of Barcelona and you can really capture the essence of the city well. I would suggest to anyone eating here that they make a reservation if they are a large party. It was not too crowded when I got there at around 9pm but as the night went on, it got more crowded towards 11 pm. The service was very good, although it seemed we did have trouble with the language barrier, but what can you expect when you are in Spain. The service was not very fast, but nobody at the table was in a rush and it seems that in Europe meals take more time and nobody really rushes like you do at home, especially where I am from in New York. I really enjoy having authentic paella because I have had it back in New York but nothing compares to the Spanish paella. My favorite part of the dish was the squid that is inside the paella because I am a big fan of Calamari. The restaurant is large and is two floors, and they steam cook the food in front of you which is fun to watch, although my mom does not like to watch how people prepare her food. I did not eat any tapas here because usually I do not get filled up enough from the tapas and I like to eat more of a meal at dinner time. The picture I included is of my mother and brother at the restaurant because I feel that there are way too many pictures of me on this website and I don't have any other pictures from the meal.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario