lunes, 19 de abril de 2010

La Flauta


La Flauta is a Spanish restaurant. There are two in the city and it was a great tapas experience. I ordered a ravioli tapas, grilled vegetables, and tomato bread. Tomato bread is by far my favorite Catalan dish that I have encountered in Barcelona. I am pretty sure it is referred to as "pan tomaca" and it is just pieces of bread that have tomato rubbed onto them for flavor. The price was very reasonable I think it was just over 20 euros a person. We went here for a friends birthday and it was a great atmosphere for dinner. I think we showed up at about 10 for dinner and the place was absolutely packed, and it was still crowded at midnight when we were leaving. It seemed that there were a lot of younger aged people eating around us, not many elderly. I also wasn't as bothered by smoking as I usually am which was great. There were two floors and the upstairs was for smoking and the downstairs was for non smokers. The fact that they separated smokers and nonsmokers made me extremely happy because many times the stench from the smoke ruins my appetite. I noticed that they serve a menu of the day for only 12 euros which seems very appropriate. I wanted to order my own choices, but I am sure the meal of the day would have been good. A flauta itself is a baguette with different combinations of ingredients. The menu had a lot of vegetables and meats to choose from. The wine list was also very extensive and their house wine was tasty and inexpensive. The service was fast, and the waiters were friendly, but maybe because we were a large group of young girls. We made the meal last much longer than it had to, but they were very accomodating to help us order in English and make suggestions. I would recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario