lunes, 19 de abril de 2010

Les Glories Shopping Mall



Although it may seem a bit silly, I would count shopping as one of my leisure activities. I live on Long Island in New York, but I always find my way into New York City to shop for the day. If it were up to me, and I was able to, I would love to shop up and down Passeig Gracia here in Barcelona. However, many times I take a trip over to Les Glories Shopping Mall. I take the metro from my area to the Clot stop on the blue line. The Glories mall is extremely similar to a mall at home. I remember some kids in the class who presented on their neighborhood saying that it was dissimilar to an American mall because it was outdoors, but I know many strip malls in my area that are outdoors. Whats great about this mall is that it is a combination of an outdoor strip mall and a full indoor mall. My favorite stores to actually shop in there are H&M, Zara and Pull & Bear. However, most of the time I go there with a friend to just walk around and window shop because my dad would kill me if I spent all my time there shopping. However, if I do want to pick an item or two up, Zara and H&M are very reasonably priced for certain items. I also like the fact that this mall has a Starbucks because I do love getting a blueberry muffin and passion tea from Starbucks. There is also a movie theater in this mall, which makes it even more similar to an American mall because most have movie theaters attached, and there are a bunch of restaurants. I have never actually eaten there because I usually cook at home. Its three floors and it even has a Disney Store which is always fun to walk into. It seems like the stores range from inexpensive to pricey. Sometimes back at home depending on the location malls will have stores that fit the surrounding area. In less wealthy areas, the mall will have stores that are less expensive. However, Glories' stores range widely, but there are no luxury shops like you would find on Passeig Gracia. They also have areas for small kids to play which is nice I guess if their parents are busy shopping and need to distract their restless child. It is funny to me that there are two H&M's in one mall, because at home that would never happen. Finally, the mall hosts some events similar to a mall back in the United States. They have model casting calls and advertise for cell phones and run small stands to raffle away free things.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario